Tuesday, January 25, 2011

HUBBY IN COOKING MOOD!!

Hubby got into an APPLE PIE cooking mood this a.m.  and, believe me, they're as good as they look!
This past late Nov. or early Dec., I've forgotten- we went to a local apple orchard and were able to spend all the time we wanted picking apples, ALL KINDS OF APPLES, from off the ground for $3.00 a bushel!  We picked McIntosh, Yellow Delicious, Red Delicious and Romes.  Of course, you know when they're that ripe, they won't last long, so they were cut up-put into freezer bags-and put into the freezer.
What a treat to have these FRESH apple pies today at the end of January when they are calling for more SNOW! 
I'd love to be able to pass all of you a piece right through the computer, but trust me, they are good!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm....those pies look yummy, put the coffee on and I'll be right over..lololol Hi Mimi to 5, I have something for you over on my blog. Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delish! Did you eat a slice warm and with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top?

    ReplyDelete