Tuesday, March 30, 2010

This Coming Easter!

This week I was reading again the account of the Crucifixion of Jesus and the events leading up to that moment.  Having been brought up in a Christian home since I was born,  I've read those passages before many times, but they now seem so overwhelmingly powerful.  I am so amazed and totally undone to think about what He went through for me, and you.  My finite mind cannot comprehend that kind of love!  The suffering, the mocking, the scourging, and then the actual crucifixion.  Jesus shed his precious blood for me.  If you really stop and think about that moment in history, and what POWER there is in the blood of Jesus.  All the way through the Old Testament, there had to be a sacrifice for sin, there had to be blood shed in order for the Hebrew people to receive redemption for their sins...........they would bring a lamb.......without defect........for the sacrifice.  Jesus was the Lamb that was slain........the perfect lamb.........the last sacrifice.....without blemish.  So that if we just believe that well known verse in the Bible, "For God so loved the world, that He gave his only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish but have everlasting life."  (John 3:16)
Thank God!  My salvation did not end at the cross, but began at an empty tomb 3 days later!!  Jesus arose from the dead and is alive today!  He sits at the right hand of God the Father.  Wow..............what comfort, what joy, what peace.......to know that He loved me that much!  To know there is nothing I can do to deserve that kind of love, but to accept it.  And that I can have eternal life in Him by just believing.  So, at this Easter time, I say Hallelujah to the Risen Lord..........the Lamb that was slain for me.  mimito5

No comments:

Post a Comment