Sunday, January 31, 2010

We got about 13 in. of snow yesterday, Jan. 30, 2010. Not a lot for some areas of the country, but quite a bit for western NC. I caught this sweet sparrow out back where I have the birdfeeder. I'm pretty sure he's a song sparrow. So many sparrows:)
When I see the birds, and especially the sparrow, I can't help but think of this verse in Matthew 10: 29: "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father." Those were Jesus' words. In other words, if He cares so much for the sparrow and knows when each one falls, does he not much more care for us?
I find these words to be very comforting and know that I am in His hands and He knows what's best for me.
Our church service was called off today because of the bad weather, so hubby and I will worship here at home. I pray you have a blessed day in the Lord.
Hallelujah to the Lamb that was slain!

No comments:

Post a Comment